Thursday, June 18, 2009

Joshua 2


















Joshua 2

Divisions:

I. 2:1-7 Joshua secretly sends out spies into Promised Land; spies protected by Rahab in Jericho

II. 2:8-21 Rahab protects men, recognizes their Lord, & strikes oath for protection of herself & family when the Lord gives them the land

III. 2:22-24 Spies report back to Joshua—“Lord has surely given the whole land into our hands; all people are melting in fear because of us.”

Subject Sentence: Joshua sends two spies into land, Rahab protects, & requests protection.

Cause the Audience To (CAT):

• Learn how the Lord’s power is recognizable & He protects those who accept Him
• Understand that fear is not from the Lord & when we are immobilized by fear, we are not accepting/recognizing the Lord & His great power
• Understand that if we are in the Lord, we can stomp out fear by taking action for Him

Application Questions:

• In what ways am I allowing fear to immobilize me?
• Am I recognizing the power of the Lord in my life or am I cowering in fear?
• How can I take action for the Lord, thus stomping out fear in any given area of my life?
• Where am I listening to fear more than I am listening to the Lord?
• How can I claim the Lord’s authority to stomp out fear?

No comments: